We'll bring the science to you
Thank you for your interest in TECH Truck programming with the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing requirements, we are reimagining and rebuilding our offerings to safely, meet the needs of the community. If you are interested in TECH Truck programming on your campus, please contact email@example.com.
The goal of the TECH Truck is to engage youth in hands-on, maker-based science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) experiences that foster creativity and confidence. The TECH Truck brings hands-on discovery directly to community centers programs, libraries, parks, public events, out of school programs, and more — providing science-based experiences for the public.
Driving an interest in STEAM
Depending on each audience, TECH Truck experiences may involve no technology, low technology or high technology. Yet in every case, kids and caregivers share the thrill of discovery that’s so essential to fostering confidence and creativity in STEAM subjects.
How it Works
- The TECH Truck is a mobile extension of the Perot Museum that travels throughout North and Central Texas (within 60 miles of the Museum)
- The TECH Truck is outfitted with all the materials and technologies needed for each destination
- Programming is developed by expert educators from the Perot Museum
- Activities are developed for the third grade level and higher
TECH Truck experiences may include
- Getting creative and innovative with basic materials
- Solving design challenges
- Utilizing technology to solve problems
- Exploring 3D printing, laser cutters and other technologies
- Using tools and supplies to create and connect
- Walk-up activities that range from 10-20 minute experiences designed for family festivals and community programs
- One-time drop-in sessions for creative, scientific and maker-based activities ranging from 30-60 minute experiences
- Workshops for higher-level topics like 3D printing, design, and coding ranging from 2-3 hour experiences
Why It Works
- Hands-on experience with STEAM topics gives kids the confidence to keep exploring
- On-site activities introduce technology and digital literacy in accessible ways
- Take-home activities encourage parents and caregivers to keep their children’s curiosity alive
- We’re always learning, too — conducting ongoing research and adjusting our topics, methodologies and technologies to deliver the greatest impact