Thursdays on Tap
Every Thursday from April 4 through October 24
$25 – Adults (21+)
$5 – Explore members
Food and drinks are an additional cost
We recommend purchasing tickets in advance as these events tend to sell out prior to Thursday evening.
Experience the Museum after hours featuring live music, food trucks, adult beverages, and outdoor games. Plus, get full access to the Museum and all our exhibit halls, including our traveling exhibition, T. rex: The Ultimate Predator (through September 22). This program is for ages 21+, so whether you’re looking for a fun date night or a unique place to meet up with friends or coworkers, this is the perfect opportunity to experience the Museum without the daytime crowds or kids (we love them, but Thursday nights belong to YOU).
Thinking about becoming a member at the Explore level? It’s an easy decision with $5 access to every Thursdays on Tap event, along with a ton of other awesome benefits including free general admission to the Museum, members-only events, exclusive discounts and more!
Discount applies to Explore level members only.
Know Before You Go
Directions and Parking
- Self-parking is available in the Main Museum Parking Lot located under Woodall Rodgers Freeway, on Broom Street across from the Museum. Parking is $10 per car; only credit card payments are accepted. There is not a discount for member parking.
- Taking public transportation, carpooling or taking designated driver services are also great options! Due to the type of event, we are encouraging ride-share.
- After purchasing your ticket online, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket(s) and receipt. Please print your ticket or have the QR code handy on your smartphone to be scanned upon arrival.
- Tickets are also available at the gate, if not previously sold out.
- This event is for guests age 21+ only; please have your state-issued ID card or driver’s license ready to show at the entrance.
Food and Drinks
- Drinks will be available for purchase at our bars, located outside the Museum during this adults-only event.
- Drink prices range from $3 to $10. Last call will begin at 9:45 p.m.
- No need to eat before you come! Food trucks will be available outside the Museum, featuring tasty treats and delicious bites for purchase from 6 to 10 p.m.
- This event will take place rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, the musician(s), bars, games and food truck access will be available inside the Museum. Make sure to check the website homepage or our Instagram page for updates.