We'll bring the science to you
On Your Campus Programs
We are proud to offer lab-based and auditorium programs to help your students connect with scientific concepts and principles — and our educators can bring many of these programs directly to your campus!
Our educators lead highly engaging, TEKS-aligned programs that can come directly to your campus.
Family Science Nights
Looking for a way to spice up your next PTA meeting or your school’s math and science night? Just leave it to the Perot Museum! Our education team will bring the Museum, and all the necessary activity supplies, to you!
- Cost: $500 unless otherwise noted
- Duration: Two hours
- Family Science Night events are designed for 200 people; participating schools must provide staff and adult volunteers to run the stations. Museum staff will set up, train, and assist throughout the evening. Over 200 people can be accommodated. An additional fee of $50 applies for every 50 additional people.
Checkout one of the five different programs below.
This engaging, hands-on program features stations that focus on a family exploration of alternative energy, the carbon cycle, and the abundant energy around us.
Perot Museum Exhibits
Looking for a unique STEM experience for the whole family? We have that! Learn about everything from Cell Biology to Sport Medicine and more with activities exploring content featured in each of the Perot Museum’s Exhibit Halls.
TECH Truck powered by DELL
Students will expand the limits of their creativity during this STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math)-based Family Science Night. Featuring eight hands-on stations that incorporate a variety of materials and technologies such as 3D printers, laser cutters, computers, and art supplies, families are encouraged to explore through tinkering. Topics include new fabrication techniques, robotics, coding, engineering, art making, and electronics.
TECH Truck availability is limited to locations within a 60-mile radius of the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. All activities are designed to take place outside of the TECH Truck or at an indoor space at your facility. Certain space and power requirements may apply.
Earth and Space
Three…two…one…blast off! Launch into learning about our planet, solar system, and universe. Activities will explore weather and landforms, rockets and rovers, the possibility of life on other planets, and so much more!
This Science Night is geared toward upper elementary and middle school audiences.
Can you solve the Case of the Missing Vase? Work together to investigate a crime using a variety of forensic science techniques. Activities will draw on topics covering physical science, life science, and earth science content.
The goal of the TECH Truck is to engage youth in hands-on, maker-based science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) experiences that foster creativity and confidence. The TECH Truck brings hands-on discovery directly to community centers programs, libraries, parks, public events, out of school programs, and more — providing science-based experiences for the public.
Driving an Interest in STEAM
Depending on each audience, TECH Truck experiences may involve no technology, low technology, or high technology. Yet in every case, kids and caregivers share the thrill of discovery that’s so essential to fostering confidence and creativity in STEAM subjects.
How it Works
- The TECH Truck is a mobile extension of the Perot Museum that travels throughout North and Central Texas (within 60 miles of the Museum)
- The TECH Truck is outfitted with all the materials and technologies needed for each destination
- Programming is developed by educators from the Perot Museum
- Activities are developed for the third-grade level and higher
TECH Truck Experiences May Include
- Getting creative and innovative with basic materials
- Solving design challenges
- Utilizing technology to solve problems
- Exploring 3D printing, laser cutters, and other technologies
- Using tools and supplies to create and connect
- Walk-up activities that range from 10-20-minute experiences designed for family festivals and community programs
- One-time drop-in sessions for creative, scientific, and maker-based activities ranging from 30-60-minute experiences
- Workshops for higher-level topics like 3D printing, design, and coding ranging from 2-3-hour experiences
Why it Works
- Hands-on experience with STEAM topics gives kids the confidence to keep exploring
- On-site activities introduce technology and digital literacy in accessible ways
- Take-home activities encourage parents and caregivers to keep their children’s curiosity alive
- We’re always learning, too — conducting ongoing research and adjusting our topics, methodologies, and technologies to deliver the greatest impact
Want to bring the TECH Truck to your school, neighborhood, or event? Drop us a note at email@example.com and one of our awesome educators will get back with you on how to book a TECH Truck experience!
Book a Career Day Speaker
Engage with one of our Museum educators! A Museum educator will come to your class and talk about their career path, interests, and experiences. Specific fields of science can be requested but can’t be guaranteed due to the varied nature of our educator backgrounds and schedules. $175 (two 20-minute programs back to back or one 45-minute program). 30 students maximum per program.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 214.428.5555 ext. 8, or by fax at 214.756.5890, Attn: Reservations.
|On Your Campus Outreach Programs||Additional Information||Price|
|Lab-Based Program (up to 30 students)||Maximum of four per day, must be consecutive times and same program||$175 for each program|
|DNA Fingerprinting (90 minutes)||Maximum of two per day, with at least 30 minutes between programs||$325 for each program|
|Cretaceous Period: Life and Extinction (90 minutes)||Maximum of two per day, with at least 30 minutes between programs||$325 for each
|Eye and Heart Dissection (up to 30 students)||Maximum of four per day, must be consecutive times and same program||$225 for each
|Brain Dissection (up to 30 students)||Maximum of four per day, must be consecutive times and same program||$325 for each
|Auditorium Program (up to 250 students)||Maximum of four per day, must be consecutive times and same program||$375 for first
$175 for each additional program
|Family Science Night (maximum 500 people)||Schools must provide staff/adult volunteers; Museum staff will set up, train, and assist||$500 for 200 people
$50 for each
additional 50 people
Travel Fees Outside Dallas County
Must book a minimum of two consecutive programs for any area outside Dallas County; earliest program start time is 10am.
add to program cost
|Area 1||Collin, Rockwall, Tarrant||$35|
|Area 2||Cook, Denton, Ellis, Grayson, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Parker, Van Zandt, Wise||$65|
|Area 3||Anderson, Bosque, Delta, Fannin, Freestone, Henderson, Hill, Hood, Hopkins, Jack, Montague,
Palo Pinto, Rains, Smith, Somervell, Wood Custom travel fees can be accommodated for other regions in Texas, Oklahoma,