Science Behind Pixar Sleepover
Fri, Jun 19 at 6:30pm
Join us at this one time only special sleepover, where we will dive deep into the fun facts and history of animation and the amazing STEAM works that went into creating the phenomenal films brought to us by Pixar. Everybody has a favorite Pixar film, but what it takes to make one is a mystery to most fans.
Some of the special activities at this sleepover will include:
- Enjoy complimentary access to our special traveling exhibit the Science Behind Pixar; this immersive experience explores the science, technology, engineering, art, and math concepts used at Pixar Animation Studios every day to bring their beloved films and characters to life
- Learn about illusions and their role in entertainment
- Discover how to make your very own thaumatrope (an optical illusion…fun early animation toy)
- Learn about the important role of illustration in movies by making your own take-home flip book
- Become a voice actor in a fun game that teaches you what the job is really like
Along with these activities, we will also feature a scavenger hunt for prizes, a Dino Dance Party, a light snack, a film in the theater, a Live Science Show and, a light breakfast, and of course general admission to all of our outstanding general exhibit halls.
For those seeking a convenient and onsite dinner option, the Café, operated by Wolfgang Puck, will be open 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Produced by Museum of Science, Boston.
Locally presented by Highland Capital Management.
Locally supported by Texas Instruments.
The Science Behind Pixar was developed by the Museum of Science, Boston, in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios. © Disney/Pixar. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.