Discovery Corps Camp Assistant Program
Be exceptional. Make a difference.
Discovery Corps interview dates and program placements fill rapidly. Please keep in mind that interview spots are limited and function on a first come, first serve basis. Submitting a Discovery Corps application does not guarantee an interview.
The Perot Museum is a certifying organization of the President’s Volunteer Service Award, a federally recognized award. Those that achieve the award receive an official recognition pin, certificate, Perot Museum fleece and a letter from the sitting President of the United States.
- Must be 14 years of age prior to start date of volunteering
- Entering freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school in fall of 2019
- All volunteers working in Discovery Camps, including teens, must complete and clear a background check
- Teens must complete the Discovery Corps Camp Assistant program prior to becoming a year-round volunteer. Upon the completion of the Discovery Corps Camp Assistant program, students can request a transition to general volunteers, with Volunteer Services approval.
- Complete 40 hours (Monday through Friday) in Discovery Camp from 8:30am-3pm (inclusive of one project with assigned camp group from 3pm-4:30pm)
- Complete 20 hours of flexible, self-scheduled shifts throughout the Museum exhibit halls
- Attend one orientation
- Participate in the creation and presentation of one final project
Applications for the 2019 Discovery Corps Camp Assistant program are now open.
- Complete the Discovery Corps Camp Assistant online application
- Submit resume and cover letter
- Cover letter should be addressed to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science Volunteer Services and briefly discuss the following topics:
- Why do you want to be a Discovery Corps Camp Assistant?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit as a Discovery Corps Camp Assistant?
- What attributes/experience do you bring that will make you an excellent Discovery Corps Camp Assistant?