Discovery Corps Teen Program
Be exceptional. Make a difference.
Those students who complete the application process including submitting the required documents will be contacted in March with dates for group interview opportunities.
For those wishing to apply for 2021 Discovery Corps, applications for next summer’s program will open in January 2021.
Discovery Corps interview dates and program placements fill rapidly. Please keep in mind that interview spots are limited and function on a first come, first serve basis. Completing the Discovery Corps application process does not guarantee an interview.
The Perot Museum is a certifying organization of the President’s Volunteer Service Award, a federally recognized award. Those that achieve the gold-level award through service at the Perot Museum receive an official recognition pin, certificate, Perot Museum fleece and a letter from the sitting President of the United States in January.
- Must be 14 years of age prior to start date of volunteering
- Entering freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school in fall of 2021
- All volunteers working in Discovery Corps, including teens, must complete and clear a background check
- Teens must complete the Discovery Corps Teen program prior to becoming a year-round volunteer. Upon the completion of the Discovery Corps, students can request a transition to general volunteers, with Volunteer Services approval.
- Attend orientation
- Complete 60 hours (Monday through Friday) of volunteer service, such as Discovery Camps and/or in exhibit halls
- Complete 10 hours of service in the creation and presentation of a final group project
Applications for the 2021 Discovery Corps Teen program will open in January.
- Complete the Discovery Corps online application
- Submit resume and cover letter in PDF or Microsoft Word format
- Cover letter should be addressed to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science Volunteer Services and briefly discuss the following topics:
- Why do you want to be a Discovery Corps Teen?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit as a Discovery Corps Teen?
- What attributes/experience do you bring that will make you an excellent Discovery Corps Teen?
- Submit the teacher/reference approval form from a current teacher or reference
- Selected applicants will be invited to a group interview.
- All requested documents must be submitted in order to be eligible for consideration for a group interview invitation.
Email a copy of your Resume, Cover Letter, and completed Teacher/Reference Approval Form to email@example.com in a single email with the subject line “Discovery Corps 2021 Application”