Discovery Corps Camp Assistant Program
Be exceptional. Make a difference.
- Must be 14 years of age prior to start date of volunteering
- Entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year of High School in fall of 2018
- All volunteers working in Discovery Camps, including teens, must complete and clear a background check
- Teens must complete Discovery Corps Camp Assistant program prior to becoming a year-round volunteer. Upon the completion of Discovery Corps Camp Assistant program, students can request a transition to general volunteers, with Volunteer Services approval.
- Complete 40 hours (Monday through Friday) in Discovery Camp from 8:30am-3pm (inclusive of one project with assigned camp group from 3pm-4:30pm)
- Complete 20 hours of flexible, self-scheduled shifts throughout the Museum exhibit halls
- Attend one orientation
- Participate in the creation and presentation of one final project
Applications for the 2018 Discovery Corps program are currently closed.
- Complete the Discovery Corps Camp Assistant Opportunity online application
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Cover letter should be addressed to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science Volunteer Services and briefly discuss the following topics:
- Why do you want to be a Discovery Corps Camp Assistant?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit as a Discovery Corps Camp Assistant?
- What attributes/experience do you bring that will make you an excellent Discovery Corps Camp Assistant?
- Teacher/Reference Approval Form from a current teacher or reference
- Selected applicants are be invited to group interviews to complete the final evaluation.