Scholarships and Sponsorships
2017 FIRST Grants
FIRST Hardship Grants
The first round of Hardship Grants is now closed. The second and final round begins on August 8, 2017 and applications are accepted until this Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
To apply please fill out this form!
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- You can only pick 2 out of the 3 options.
- If you have already paid registration DO NOT PICK THAT OPTION. FIRST will not reimburse fees.
Through a generous donation from NewsCorp in partnership with DonorsChoose.org, funding is available to help start or support a FIRST team.
- Available to any educator in a public or public charter school located in the United States, employed full time by the school or school district and works directly with students at least 75 percent of the time.
- Funding can be used for registration fees, materials, reasonable and customary FIRST team travel costs.
2017 FIRST in Texas Grants
Applications open August 15, 2017 at noon. By submitting a single application, your team is automatically considered for any FIRST in Texas grants for which they are eligible.
The application system is new this year, so if you previously updated you old application or submitted an application for this year prior September 1st, you will need to complete a new application. Please review the Grants FAQ to learn about the new application process, view that application review and award distribution calendar, and to see what information we are requesting from teams this season. Teams should apply as soon as they have all requested information available.
Additional grants are also available through FIRST, National Instruments, NASA, and other companies. Click here for more details and make sure to apply!
Looking for more ways to raise money? Make sure to check out the FIRST Fundraising Toolkit!
2016 LEGO Foundation Grants
LEGO Foundation grants are for rookie teams and the requirements are:
- Commit to three years of being a team.
- Participate in official events (Qualifiers and Championship if they advance)
- Participate in training sessions, Kickoffs, and scrimmages
- Contribute stories and photos to the LEGO Foundation grant Facebook page and other sharing opportunities as requested by FIRST and the LEGO Foundation periodically throughout the season (more details on this will come once the teams are established and the season officially begins
- Coach must be proactive in staying abreast of everything they have to do as a coach and do everything in a timely manner (respond to requests for information, register for competitions, etc)
- Team must be in need of an EV3 robot and not be receiving one from a school, district, etc.
The LF grants are in the form of products only, so the rookie teams that receive them will have to be registered through FIRST in order to be eligible, but should not order their Challenge sets (field kits) yet or EV3’s.
To apply please send the following information to email@example.com with the subject line, "LEGO Foundation Grant Application" by August 25th:
- Team Name and Number (if number is available)
- Coach Name and Email
- Description of Need - Why does your team need a grant?
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (at least one letter)