The Museum that Discoveries Built
A field trip to the Perot Museum is an adventure that’s sure to spark both curiosity and discovery among students of all ages. Not only are the activities in our exhibit halls designed with inquisitive students in mind — even the building itself features interactive surprises! Complete your field trip experience with the addition of an awe-inspiring film or a TEKS-aligned program, led by a Museum educator. From the fossil record to the expanding universe, your class will have a blast learning about the many different fields of science and technology. Group pricing is available for groups of 15 or more students.
School Group Pricing
Add a program to your lesson plan
Looking for innovative approaches to enhance student learning? At the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, our programs are specially designed to present scientific concepts and principles in an engaging format that helps students connect with the material. Many programs are offered for multiple grade levels, with program content and activities tailored to meet the learning needs of each age group. Include any or all of the following:
- 11 Exhibit Halls including all permanent exhibits and program extensions
- Temporary Exhibits
- Educational 3D Films
- Live auditorium stage shows
- On-site museum classroom programs (TEKS-aligned)
Field Trip Tips
Before your field trip
Refer to your confirmation packet for payment due dates, amount and mailing address. Your reservation may be canceled if your deposit/ payment is not received by the due date.
All schedule and attendance changes must be made no later than two weeks before your visit. If you need to reschedule or cancel your reservation, you must contact the Reservations Department at least two weeks before your scheduled visit in order for your payment to be applied to a new visit date.
Refunds will only be made in the event of Museum equipment failures, power failures, school closings due to inclement weather, or other issues deemed serious enough by the Perot Museum to warrant cancellation. No other refunds will be issued. Deposits are nonrefundable. The Museum does not issue refunds or tickets for absent group members.
Please let the Reservations Department know if you are bringing children with special needs. The Hoglund Foundation Theater, a National Geographic Experience can accommodate up to four wheelchairs and escorts per viewing. Special needs groups with chaperones over the 1:7 ratio will not be charged the additional chaperone rate.
Required Chaperones/Extra Chaperones
One adult chaperone 21 years or older is required for each seven students. Please include teachers in your chaperone count.
- Teachers wishing to include extra chaperones over the 1:7 ratio in their group reservation must also include extra chaperone fees with their prepayment (due two weeks prior to visit date). All teachers/chaperones/extra chaperones will be expected to supervise students.
- Extra chaperones may purchase General Admission or reserve Member tickets online (films and exhibits only) at perotmuseum.org.
- Group rates will NOT apply to online ticket purchases.
*Due to space limitations, extra chaperones will not be able to attend classroom programs, lab programs or Portable Universe programs.
On Field Trip Day
Please refer to your confirmation packet for more detailed information regarding your visit. Be sure to check out our field trip video.
Student drop-off is determined by your group’s schedule. Please refer to your reservations packet for bus parking details for your group. Bus parking is free. Single-car parking for chaperones is available under Woodall Rodgers for a fee payable on exit.
- Please be sure to bring your Required Teacher Admission Sheet with an accurate count of students and teachers/chaperones present on trip day. Be sure to include teachers in your count. Do not include extra chaperones who will be paying separately or on their own.
- Group check-in begins at 9:15 for 9:45am bookings and 9:30am for all other groups.
- Your lead teacher will take the Required Teacher Admission Sheet to the Box Office. A Museum representative and your teacher will sign for approval of numbers and exchange for stickers/admission passes.
- Exhibits open to school groups at 9:45-10am. No early admission is permitted.
If you are scheduled for timed programs, please assemble at the program or theater check-in area at least 10 minutes before your program begins. There is no late seating, nor are refunds issued for missed shows or programs.
The Children's Museum
The Moody Family Children’s Museum, located on the lower level, is reserved for toddlers through age 5. Older students are not allowed in this area.
Lunches should be stored on your bus and will not be stored in the Museum. Please plan to eat in the Plaza area, outside the main entrance. The Café area is reserved exclusively for our Café customers.
Teachers: Please review the following rules with your students and chaperones.
1. Students MUST stay with chaperones at all times.
2. Chaperones MUST stay with students at all times.
3. Walk, DO NOT run throughout the Museum.
4. Travel the stairs single file and stay to the right. Please leave the elevators for those who require them.
5. Leave lunches on your bus and enjoy your lunch on the outdoor Plaza.
6. Always treat the Museum, exhibits, staff and other visitors with respect.
Groups who violate these rules, or unruly or disruptive groups, may be asked to leave and will be escorted from the premises by security.
Contact for the Reservations Department Phone: 214.428.5555 x8, Fax 214.428.4310 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org