The Discovery Corps Camp Assistant Program for teens exists to foster student interest in science, nature, and technology by placing exceptional STEM minded teens in areas where they can interact with and teach Museum guests and camp children.
Discovery Corps is open to students ages 14 and older who will be entering their freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school in the 2018-2019 school year. Teens must complete Discovery Corps prior to becoming a year-round volunteer. Upon the completion of Discovery Corps, students can request a transition to general volunteers, with Volunteer Services approval.
June 12 - July 14
Orientation: June 8 | 5pm
Final Project Presentation: July 16 | 6:30pm
July 10 - Auguts 11
Orientation: July 8 | 5pm
Final Project Presentation: August 14 | 6:30pm
Email a copy of your resume, cover letter, and completed teacher approval form to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single email with the subject line "Discovery Corps 2018 Application."
- Complete 40 hours (Monday through Friday) in Discovery Camp from 8:30am-3pm (inclusive of one project with assigned camp group from 3pm-4:30pm)
- Complete 20 hours of flexible, self-scheduled shifts throughout the Museum exhibit halls
- Attend one orientation
- Participate in the creation and presentation of one final project
- Read the Discovery Corps Application Requirements
- Have a teacher or reference complete the Approval Form
- Create a professional resume and accompanying cover letter
- Complete the online application form
- Submit resume, cover letter, and Teacher/Reference Approval Form to email@example.com in one email with subject line “Discovery Corps 2017 Application”