WiFi, ATMs and more
Many spaces in and around the Perot Museum are free and open to the public, including:
- A 1-acre Urban Forest filled with native Texas plants
- A hands-on Musical Forest featuring oversized xylophones and chimes
- Restaurant and retail areas
- The Main Lobby, where our iconic 35-foot Malawisaurus fossil resides
- A roof deck that overlooks our Living Roof and other sustainable features
Our entire campus serves as a living science lesson, incorporating compelling examples of engineering, technology and conservation throughout.
Free public WiFi is available on our plazas and in our lobby and roof deck areas.
Samsung Tablet Interactive Experience
Simulate the conditions of a hurricane or earthquake, feed a dinosaur, learn about parts of the body and more. Engage with our new Samsung tablets which feature an interactive visitor's guide with a map and Museum information and highlight and enhance popular exhibits within three of the Museum’s permanent halls - the Being Human Hall with The Human Body exhibit on Level 2, The Rees-Jones Foundation Dynamic Earth Hall with the Extreme Earth exhibit on Level 3, and the T. Boone Pickens Life Then and Now Hall with the Alamosaurus fossil on Level 4. Share your experience with other Museum visitors and create customized PDF takeaways to remember your experience.
Also enjoy a digital visitor’s app with Museum navigation and general information. The visitor's guide app is available for download on Google Play and will operate both in the Museum and offsite.
Both the app and the tablet experience are available in English and Spanish.
Tablet Check-Out and Rules
To be a part of this digital experience, check out your Samsung tablet at the check-out table located beyond the exhibits entrance, under the staircase in the lobby on Level 1. Here are some important things to note about tablet check-out:
- Tablet check-out is FREE.
- A valid photo ID is required to check out a tablet. Must be at least 16 years old.
- One tablet may be checked out per family or group.
- You are responsible for the safety and security of the tablet. The lanyard must be worn at all times.
- Tablets must be kept in the exhibit halls and may not leave the Museum.
A Chase ATM is located in the Main Lobby adjacent to the Café, Museum Store and Theater.
The Café, operated by Wolfgang Puck, offers a wide selection of snacks and entrees including sandwiches, pizzas, salads, soups and more. Whether you're spending the day at the Museum or just dropping by for a bite, Café customers are welcome to dine in the restaurant, plaza or roof deck areas. Members enjoy a 10 percent discount with every order.
Take something special home with you as a reminder of your visit to the Perot Museum. The Museum Shop offers unique and educational gifts that relate to the many dynamic exhibits at the Museum. Members receive a 10 percent discount on every purchase.
Lost and Found
Our Lost and Found area is not accessible to the public. All found clothing items are stored in an office, while wallets, jewelry, cameras and other valuables are kept under lock and key. Credit cards are cut up and discarded. Lost and Found inquiries can be made at the Box Office or through a Perot Museum staff member.
Mothers who wish to breastfeed their child may do so in any public area of the Museum.
Additionally, there are three specific areas where nursing mothers who desire more privacy can go to nurse.
- Level 4: partitioned area near the base of the staircase in the T. Boone Pickens Life Then and Now Hall leading to the Rose Hall of Birds
- Level 1: benches in the restroom near The Hoglund Foundation Theater
- Lower Level: restroom in The Moody Family Children's Museum