Lamar Hunt Family Sports Hall
Give your mind and body a workout!
Welcome to Sports Hall — where every field, court, track and gym is a hands-on science lab! Get into the action by throwing a fastball, kicking a soccer ball or turning cartwheels — while a high-speed camera captures it all for you to review when you’re done.
By studying your body in motion, you’ll gain a better understanding of what it takes to become a great athlete. You’ll also discover the importance of physiology and physics in active play, whether you’re challenging friends to a game of tag or watching a professional athlete set a world’s record. Explorations include:
You in Motion
Discover how small changes in technique can boost your performance as you:
- Race against a friend, or time yourself against a pro
- Explore how the position of your body affects your speed during a spin
- Test your hand-eye coordination and reaction speed
Healing and Health
How do athletes keep their bodies in peak condition? Explore the answers by:
- Scanning a human silhouette to reveal X-ray, CT or MRI images of common sports injuries
- Learning how exercise, diet and training can help athletes prevent some injuries
- Balancing food choices with the right amount of physical activity