Exhibit Hall Volunteer/Docent
Exhibit Hall Volunteers/Docents engage guests in exploring the Perot Museum of Nature and Science exhibit halls through exhibit interpretation, exciting hands-on demonstrations and programming.
Exhibit Hall opportunities include the following halls:
- Sports Hall
- Moody Family Children’s Museum
- Discovering Life Hall
- Being Human Hall
- Texas Instruments Engineering and Innovation Hall
- Rees-Jones Foundation Dynamic Earth Hall
- Lyda Hill Gems and Minerals Hall
- Tom Hunt Energy Hall
- Expanding Universe Hall
- T. Boone Pickens Life Then and Now Hall
- Rose Hall of Birds
- Building as Exhibit
- Special Traveling Exhibitions
Interact with guests, providing supplemental activities, hands-on science demonstrations and exhibit information for the purpose of enhancing the guest experience. Assist with guest questions regarding exhibits and general museum information. Reports consistent demonstration attendance records. Assist with daily gallery operations.
Skills and Abilities
High level of enthusiasm and initiative. Interest in and/or knowledge of science, museums or education. Ability to clearly communicate information and activities with guests of various ages and backgrounds. Excellent customer service skills.
- Orientation: 4 hours
Orientations held monthly
Sign up for orientation of choice at initial interview
- Training: 2 hours (per hall)
To Be Determined
The usual shift schedules are listed below:
NOTE: Shift times may occasionally change due to special events
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30am-1:30pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Sunday: 9:30am-1:30pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm
- First Thursday of each month: 4:30pm-9:00pm
Two shifts per month (8 hours) for a period of one year.
NOTE: In order to achieve Docent Status in the Exhibit Halls, volunteers are required to spend at least 50 hours in active volunteering, 20 of which must be in partnership with Museum floor staff and/or current Docent